Friday 9 August 2013

[PS3] Drag-On Dragoon 3 or Drakenguard 3... depending on what side of the world you are on.

OK, so my boyfriend sent me this trailer of Drag-On Dragoon 3/Drakenguard 3 a while back.


I thought to myself, "This game looks awesome." So... I did some research! Then, I thought to myself, "I'll write about it on Game Otaku Desu". Then... forgot about it! But I remembered so it's OK.

I did a tiny bit more research today because there does not seem to be much around about this game. What I have managed to gather from mainly Japanese sites is that it is being released in Japan in October, it is not "Nier or Drakenguard 3 so if you were expecting that you will be disappointed" ... and that's it.

I don't know if it's just me (it's probably just me) but this game has so much mystery about it. It looks so awesome yet I cannot find anything on it that isn't in Japanese. I have searched around some Japanese sites like 4Gamer.netFamitsu and this site (which has a more game footage. Check it out.) and cannot really find much on it which sucks. :(

But I thought I will share what I have found so far, because this game looks great, and it seems that it will be a while before we see it on Western shores... if we ever do.

From what I can find, the games story is a follow on from the manga "Drag-on Dragoon: Shi ni Itaru-aka". (They have the first chapter available on there - if you can read Japanese, give it a read!)
Zero - in all her glory

It seems it will follow the story of two "utautai" - two girls who are able to manipulate magic through songs. One of the girls is Zero, a girl with a flower sprouting of her eye and an artificial left hand. She is quite laid-back, almost being described as lazy. Whereas her sister, One, is described as being "serious and intellectual." Quite the difference.

It is an action RPG, which is always fun. From the gameplay footage, probably a lot of hack'n'slash. An interesting point about the combat is that when the characters are caked in blood, their "utautai" skills get really powerful. Awesome.



It seems they will also be releasing a 10th Anniversary Box Set when this game is released in October. The box set will include...

Drakengard World Inside book
Drakengard Chips Music CD with tracks from Drakengard, Drakengard 2, Nier Gesalt and Nier Replicant.
Drakengard Novel Prelude
Drakengard Visual Book
Drakengard 3 DLC code - which after some searching around seems to be Kaine's costume from Nier.
Drakengard 3 for Playstation 3 with an illustration by Kimihiko Fujisaka, featuring all the characters from the Drakengard games.

Phew. You can get all that on October 31st for the sweet price of 19,800 yen which is roughly $202. Best get saving!

I am not even a Drakengard fan but I am stoked for this. It looks brilliant. Very interesting story, too. Well, from what I could find about it. It is a shame that there has been no word on an English release yet, however when I was doing some searching around, I came across a petition to get Drakengard 3 localised and released in the West. May be worth signing if you do not fancy breaking the bank on importing the game over.

Or, if you are like me, you just want the game so you're gonna buy it regardless. Yeah, impulse buying rocks! ;)

Drakegard 3 is set to release on October 31st in Japan. You can pre-order a copy on the Square Enix store:
Drakengard 3
Drakengard 3 10th Anniversary Box Set
(If you need help navigating the site, let me know in the comments and I'll post up a tutorial!)

or if you prefer to do everything in English,

Pre-order it on PlayAsia - free shipping as well!
10th Anniversary Box Set - out of stock at the moment but may be restocked upon release!

Gah, I want the game now! :(

Sources: SiliconeraSquare Enix JP site4GamerKotaku JAPAN




No comments:

Post a Comment