Wednesday 21 August 2013

[General] Awesome game music that you need to hear before you die (Part 1/2)

Hey all.

So, I've been pretty caught up in Tales of Graces f and waiting for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn to start so I haven't really updated this much. However, whilst listening to a couple of OSTs today, I thought I would do a post like this.

One thing I love about Japanese video games is that they usually have some fantastic music. I may be a little biased, but growing up with Final Fantasy, I have had the pleasure of listening to some awesome tracks over the years. Of course, other Japanese games I've played have had awesome OSTs too. For example, Legend of Zelda, Lost Odyssey and Devil May Cry 4 come to mind.

Any way, so this blog post is just a bit of fun really. Here are a few of my favourite Japanese game music tracks in no particular order:

1. Kaette kuru, kitto (Lost Odyssey)
When this plays in the game... tears were shed, OK. I think my mum was cutting onions somewhere. There is an English version, but I think the Japanese version is way more touching.

2. J.E.N.O.V.A (Final Fantasy VII)

This terrified me when I was younger. I thought it was so creepy. But now I'm older... it's so awesome. The Final Fantasy VII Advent Children version is good as well, but nothing beats the original.

3. The Landing (Final Fantasy VIII)
This plays at such an awesome part in the game, which really contributes to how awesome it is. It made you feel so awesome. I would so play this on my commute to work (if I had a job and a car...). It'd get you so pumped up.

4. Wind Waker Main Theme (Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)



Easily one of my favourite Legend of Zelda games. There was just something very appealing about sailing around the seas on a boat... all that freedom!

5.  The Price of Freedom (Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core)


Get the tissues ready. The price of freedom is so high it makes you want to cry... 

...and that's all for now! There will be a part two, once I decide on a few more tracks. It's hard making sure they are not all Final Fantasy tracks.

Let me know your favourite tracks! I'll add them in the next post. Make sure to comment below!








No comments:

Post a Comment